Wednesday, December 1, 2010

for your tears of joy: stds part 3 (the full reveal)

I am so very excited to finally show you our save the dates in all their glory!





These were just a few of my favorites. And, yes, I took a photograph of every single hankie. It eased my separation anxiety. Whatever works, right?








My mom found this one in the parking lot of her doctor's office


I told you all about how I almost freaked out when my dad told me he was going to use a letter opener. Well my possessiveness didn't stop there. I was thisclose to including some sort of instructions with our stds. It would have told guests how to open the envelope, some of the things they could do with the hankie (bring to the wedding for their tears of joy, wear as a pocket square, etc.) and, most importantly, that if they didn't want to keep the hankie to give it back to me instead of throwing it away. AHH, can you even imagine?! The thought of one of these at the bottom of a landfill makes me want to cry. But, I'm a reasonable (and somewhat sane) person and I know that including something like that would have been inexcusably rude. So I didn't. But I thought about it. And now they're out there and I have no more control. The good thing, though, is that we've received some great feedback from a few of our guests!

Did you become possessive of (or obsessed with) any of your wedding projects?

Read all about our save the dates here:

Part 1 (envelopes)
Part 2 (envelope liners)
Part 4 (reception tags)

3 comments:

  1. I love them! I tried not to become possesive, because I knew my wedding items wouldn't mean to anyone else what they mean to me. One of my bridesmaids flat-out told me she'd throw out my invite after the wedding! I doubt anyone will toss those gorgeous hankies, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw they turned out so great! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete